Happy New Year! I hope everyone's doing great. I'm so happy that finally, after working nonstop since the 20th, I've finally come home and celebrate new year's eve with my family. Last year, I have listed some of my plans for the year 2016. Despite being notorious, 2016 came out to be a great one for me. I have explored more countries like Japan, Taiwan, and Thailand, experienced new cultures, and met new friends along the way.
The year 2017 holds a great promise for everyone. I don't know what's in store for me this year, but I'm pretty sure it's going to be awesome!
- A few weeks ago, the central office called. Honestly, I was a bit nervous because I thought I did something wrong. But then, it was good news. They called up because the central office is arranging my transfer in Davao Tower. Best Christmas gift ever! I never thought I won't have a chance to work in my hometown, but hey! This may sound cliche but good things come when you least expect it. I am so thrilled that I'm finally GOING HOME FOR GOOD after almost five years of not being with my family all the time.
- Well, my transfer comes with a big trade-off, though. Just last month, Cebu Pacific and Universal Studios Japan invited me for their 3-day familiarization tour in Osaka Japan in two weeks. It's just three-day adventure but the problem is, I have already booked my 6-day trip to South Korea. Since I'm new to my facility, I don't want to leave a bad impression to my new colleagues. With a heavy heart, I have to ditch my Osaka trip. Universal Studios Japan can wait, but my #Winterventure sojourn in Korea can't fuckin' wait. I have been looking forward to experiencing my first winter. More importantly, my first snow experience!
- Nepal, Mongolia, and Bhutan in my mind.
- Speaking of travel, I'll be in Taiwan this February, and this time, with my adventurous ATC batchmates! I can't hardly wait to be there again and relive my Taiwanese spring adventure. Like Japan, Taiwan is not your once-in-a-lifetime destination.
- Since 2015, I have been celebrating my birthday abroad. For the last two years, I spent my 25th and 26th in Indonesia (West Java, and Bali). This year, I am planning to travel down under. Luckily, it's the middle of the winter so, I'd still wear my favorite outfit. Autumn/Winter is my favorite season because I get the chance to wear more than two layers of clothes... something that I don't usually do in the Philippines because it's perpetually hot and humid here. Lol.
I am praying that the stars are still aligned with my travel plans.
How about you? What are your travel plans this year? Can't wait to hear your plans!