It was around October of last year when I got a message from Kusina Maria. "Be part of Davao's sinful event. One slot has already been given to you. Good luck."
K. CHALLENGED ACCEPTED.
I have heard about DFAT a year ago and I never thought that I'd become one of the organizers of this event. And yes, it's not easy to become one. During the planning stage, we wanted it to become bigger and more 'fun'.
The Davao Food Appreciation Tour (DFAT) is an annual event organized by Avatar Media and some officers of Davao Bloggers, Inc. This year, the team is composed of:
- Renz Bulseco (yours truly) of The Geek Travels;
- Mark Cabrera of Markable;
- Anj Nacorda of Davaoisms;
- Andrew dela Serna of Davao Foodie;
- Ria Jose of Kusina Maria; and
- Dulce Lada of Davao Talk
The tour aims to promote not just the Davao-based restaurants but also the whole region. Last May 4-7, the participants did nothing but to eat, to tour and to explore the best of Davao Region. And to quote Kuya Orman's famous quote for this event, "It's the only time of the year when gluttons rise and diets fail."
This year, DFAT 2012 is composed of:
- Sharlyne Ang, ang bubbly food blogger ng Manila (http://www.foodtrippings.com)
- Raine Balgos, ang cool and hippie mom ng Davao (http://www.thekulayproject.com)
- Robbie Bautista, ang diyosa ng Mandaluyong (http://www.thecreativedork.com)
- Mary Jane Cabrera, ang malambing na blogger ng Iloilo (http://www.maryjanecabrera.com)
- Arlene Collado, ang traveling mom blogger ng Iligan (http://www.pinaytravels.com)
- Enrico Dee, ang Walking Sto. Niño ng Bacolod (http://www.byahilo.com)
- Mary Gael Hilotin, ang the one and only, The Pinay Solo Backpacker ng Metro Manila (http://www.thepinaysolobackpacker.com)
- Cris Nierva, ang workaholic blogger ng Davao (http://www.hubbyscook.com)
- Tim Nombre, ang silent but deadly food blogger ng Iloilo (http://www.iloilofoodblogger.com)
- Charles Ortiz, ang dentist/blogger ng Davao (http://www.dabawpinoy.com)
- Karla Redor, ang other half ng Food Trippings (http://www.foodtrippings.com)
- Mica Rodriguez, ang lakwatserang Senyorita ng Dagupan, Pangasinan (http://www.senyorita.net)
- Melo Villareal, ANG SARAP NG COOKIES MO GRABEEEE Out of Town Blog (http://www.outoftownblog.com) / Manila
Our heartfelt gratitude to our sponsors:
Four days of gluttony.
Thirteen participants from different parts of the country.
Let the hunger games begin! May the odds be ever in your favor.
(TO BE CONTINUED...)